The holidays are a little different here in Fort Lauderdale, and we’re celebrating the sun and sand in seaside style for the holidays! If you’re ready to swap snowflakes for seashells this year, we’ll show you how to dress your home to impress this season with some serious South Florida sass. From beach style wonderlands to bold blue decor and seafood feasts, your Fort Lauderdale holidays will never be the same again!
Ocean Breeze Elegance: Stylish Holiday Home Decor Ideas for South Florida
When it comes to designing your South Florida home for the holidays, think elegant ocean-inspired decor. Here’s how to get the look:
- Use a palette of serene blues and whites to create a coastal retreat right in your living room— a true ode to the ocean!
- Fill your mantel with seashell and starfish garlands, and swap out traditional stockings for beachy tote bags for some modern festive fun.
- Create centerpieces using driftwood and sea glass, and illuminate your space with soft, oceanic hues. This year, it’s all about bringing the tranquil beauty of Florida indoors.
Quirky Home Decor Ideas for The Holidays in Fort Lauderdale
If you’re in the mood for something a bit more unconventional, we have you covered with these fresh new ways to be merry and bright:
- Embrace the quirky side of holiday decorating with flamingo-themed ornaments, palm tree-shaped lights, and flip-flop wreaths!
- Consider a holiday tree filled with miniature surfboards and Santa hats for a playful touch. Or, try a surfboard Christmas tree replacement!
- Add some tropical flair to your gift wrapping with seashell-adorned paper and vibrant, fruity-colored ribbons.
Outdoor Holiday Decor Ideas for South Florida
When it comes to celebrating the holidays in Fort Lauderdale, don’t forget to extend your festive spirit to the great outdoors. Our subtropical climate offers the perfect canvas for creative and fun outdoor holiday decor. Here are some ideas to spruce up your outdoor space:
- Palm Tree Lights: Wrap your palm trees with strings of colorful holiday lights to create a magical, tropical glow.
- Nautical Wreaths: Hang wreaths adorned with seashells and miniature sailboats on your front door or fence.
- Inflatable Flamingos: Swap traditional reindeer for inflatable flamingos dressed in Santa hats and scarves!
- Tiki Torch Pathways: Line your pathways with tiki torches to guide guests to your holiday oasis.
- Beachy Nativity Scene: Create a nativity scene with beach-themed figurines, including sandcastle-wise men and seashell angels.
Floral Finesse: Embracing Florida’s Unique Holiday Plants and Flowers
As you deck the halls this month, don’t forget to incorporate Florida’s unique holiday plants and flowers:
- Poinsettias, with their vibrant red and white blooms, are a classic Christmas choice. These beauties thrive in Florida’s mild winter climate and make for stunning table centerpieces. If you’re choosing a blue color scheme this year, opt for creamy white varieties for a classic look.
- Consider adding some native bromeliads or orchids to your decor. Their exotic allure and super-saturated colors will infuse your space with a tropical touch.
- Succulents are a perfect and versatile choice to add to holiday decor, and their interesting textures create stunning visual displays. Try making a DIY succulent wreath, or turning succulents into mini holiday trees around the house!
Sunny Citrus Delights: Incorporating Fruity Flavors into Holiday Cuisine
In South Florida, the holidays are all about embracing the Sunshine State’s bountiful citrus harvest. We can almost taste the sweetness now with these ideas:
- Kick off your holiday feast with a refreshing citrus salad, featuring juicy oranges and zesty grapefruits, drizzled with local honey. It’s a burst of sunshine on your plate.
For the main course, consider a citrus-infused glaze for your roasted turkey or seafood dishes. The tangy goodness of Florida’s citrus fruits pairs beautifully with the smoky flavors of the grill.
Salty Sweets: Dessert Delights with a Coastal Twist
For dessert, it’s time to indulge in some salty-sweet treats that capture the essence of South Florida’s coastal lifestyle:
- Try your hand at baking sea salt caramel brownies or coconut-laden macaroons. These desserts blend the richness of caramel and chocolate with the freshness of the sea.
- And of course, don’t miss out on the opportunity to savor a slice of key lime pie—a South Florida classic that’s a bite of pure sunshine. Its sweet and tangy flavors are the perfect ending to a holiday meal, leaving your taste buds tingling with delight.
Fort Lauderdale Festivities: Uniquely South Florida Holiday Events
No South Florida holiday season is complete without attending some uniquely-local events. Join the Winterfest Boat Parade, where lavishly-decorated boats cruise the waterways, creating a breathtaking spectacle. It’s a Fort Lauderdale tradition that’s perfect for the whole family!
We hope our holiday decor guide for Florida has inspired you to do something special this holiday season. Come see us today for more fun ways to spend the holidays in easy breezy style, and shop our gift guide for the green thumbs in your life!